Breakfast on a ketogenic diet is relatively simple to put together, yet it can get old eating the same old eggs, bacon, and avocado every day. Some people (myself included) can go years eating the same thing every morning, and others want a little more fun and variety in their meals. Luckily, even with such restrictive macros, you CAN create variety on a ketogenic diet when it comes to your meals – it merely requires a little extra thought and creativity.
While I don’t currently eat a keto-style diet, I have in the past, and I LOVE this breakfast salad because it’s simple to put together, has a variety of flavors, and clocks in at very few net carbs. It’s also an easy lift to make multiple servings and pack them up so you have breakfast prepped for a few days.
I use my personal favorite dressing on this salad, which is Primal Kitchens’ Green Goddess Dressing. I’m unashamed to admit that I put this dressing on 90% of the salads I make. It compliments everything and the flavor is amazing. If Green Goddess isn’t your thing, Primal Kitchens has a ton of other clean salad dressing options to choose from!
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and halved
- 2 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled (I use Pederson’s Whole30 Approved bacon)
- 4 TBS Primal Kitchens Green Goddess Dressing (more or less to taste)
Directions: Toss everything together. Mix dressing in last, to taste.
- If you decide to make a bigger batch of this as part of your weekly meal prep, I advise keeping the dressing separated from the salad to avoid soggy ingredients.
- Don’t have the time to hard boil eggs? Vital Farms offers a great life hack – pasture-raised hard boiled eggs ready to go in seconds.
MACRO BREAKDOWN (PER SERVING 1/2 RECIPE)
- Calories: 389kcal
- Fat: 32g ( 74% total kcal)
- Total Carb: 12g ( 12% total kcal)
- Fiber: 3g
- Net Carb: 9g ( 9% total kcal)
- Protein: 13g ( 14% total kcal)