About the Role:
Territory is hiring a Product Manager to own and grow our core application as we reach for scale in 2019 and beyond. You will be responsible for supporting our development team through the discovery and implementation of new features, stacks and process as we look to build a deeper connection with customers. The product you'll build will be the centerpiece to our technology led, personalized health business.
We are looking for an exceptional person to serve as a combined product manager to create an incredible user experience while fulfilling business goals. The Product Manager will have flexibility to make key decisions that impact the development of our application and architecture. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead product vision for our Web Platform, including feature development and managing the backlog of feature requests.
- Being the internal expert on user stories and workflows on the Territory web platform.
- Managing discovery, requirements gathering, scaling and scoping technical work.
- Utilize knowledge of the customer experience to drive the technical architecture
- Validating the connection between business requirements and the technical solution.
- Thinking long term about the future of the platform, and creating solutions that will support future growth and multi-product usage by customers.
- Engaging directly with customers to gather feedback, understand user pain points and uncover opportunities.
- Ensuring consistent experience across the web platform by establishing UX standards and style guide with design.
- Working with our Head of Growth to set objectives and priorities, and build roadmaps to support company goals.
- Working closely with other teams across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies and releases.
We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrosLAit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
- Your passion lies across technology, design, business and customer experience
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart and are excited to drive endless possibilities of growth and expansion
- While product development fuels your engine, you are just as pumped about learning and adjusting course to continuously improve on user experience.
- You deliver on your promises and get the job done using your creativity and know-how.
- You view honesty and integrity as a part of who you are and how you live your life.
- You’re comfortable turning on a dime and embracing rapid change.
- You’re a team player and love leading and developing a team.
Your Mindset & Experience
At the root of it, you’re a smart, thoughtful product leader looking for a way to bring elegant technology to life. You want to be part of a high-growth enterprise that’s trying to make a significant difference in the world where you can play a key role. You bring passion to your work, and want to create a positive, engaging and rewarding environment for your team and organization.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5+ years experience in a project management or product management role, preferably on web-based products in e-commerce or food-tech
- Experience working with a team of engineers through the entire development process. You understand technical complexity and can work with an engineering lead to weigh tradeoffs and prioritize requirements. You have experience defining requirements for web & mobile-responsive platforms.
- Strong background in user experience led design. You seek out user research and behavioral data to generate insights about product improvements. You have a strong eye for usability and quality design.
- Strong communication skills coupled with kindness, humility and empathy
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams with stakeholders across the organization.
- A strong ability and desire to collaborate across teams, specifically experience working closely with business & marketing partners.
- A proven ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on time
- Excitement for an innovative, test based environment where it’s OK to fail
- Ability to use data to drive decisions
- Passion for the health and wellness community
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
Some nitty gritty that matters:
- Weekend and evening work does happen, but you have a very flexible schedule.
- We’re much more results-oriented than we are time-oriented.
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free chow in exchange for detailed feedback).
- We have a fun, amazing group of employees, and a casual workplace.
- We are a distributed remote team working across all timezones in the USA, so we work flexible hours and live on Slack
- We're all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision insurance and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
- We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you're naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.
How to get rolling:
To throw your hat into the ring, please apply here.