We are Territory Foods and we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing company. You should have at least 4 years of experience with reconciliations, updating QuickBooks journal entries, participating in monthly/quarterly/year-end closing procedures, and developing AR, AP, and other accounting procedures and processes. We have a remote operating model (we are in 6 markets across the country, after all), so you need to have great communication skills and be self-motivated to succeed. Your eye for detail and ability to be flexible will be an asset as you’ll encounter changing requirements and a fast-paced work environment. If you like numbers and delicious food, keep reading.
Who We Are
- We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
- We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
- We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in six markets (DC, NY, Philadelphia, DFW, SoCal, and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
- At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
- We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
You’ll be the right hand person to the finance director and help with reporting, financial operations and processes, and monthly/quarterly/year-end closings. You should have excellent knowledge of Excel, QuickBooks, and other Accounting systems. You work across departments to understand and changes that may impact accounting.
- Own and improve upon accounting, reporting, and financial operations and processes for accounts receivables and accounts payable
- Reconcile internal data to accounting posted balances and review bank reconciliations
- Partner with cross-functional leaders and perform daily inquiries on unusual transactions
- Monitor and update Quickbooks journal entries
- Preparation of monthly reporting package, and prepare monthly working papers prepared for the monthly/ quarterly/ annual closing
- Assist in improving, developing and documenting accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Work with cross-departmental teams to understand any potential changes and the impact on accounting systems and processes. Participate in defining the required adjustments from an accounting process perspective
You have the following background and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field.
- At least 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, out of which at least 2 years of experience at an operating company
- Experience at a corporate accounting department or experience working for a public accounting firm
You also have a:
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems
- Strong analytical mind and an eye for detail
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
What Else You Should Know
- Our company is growing and evolving, you’re role, professional skills and development will as well.
- You’ll almost never be in an office.
- Your ability to manage your time properly will be critical to success. And you will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- We’re a food and fitness oriented team, so we provide food in our operating markets, and company sponsored membership to your fitness provider of choice (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.) in all markets.
To throw your hat into the ring, please apply here.