Intro about the Role:
Territory is hiring a General Manager of the San Francisco market to own and grow the business, develop strategic plans, and drive our culture. Reporting directly to the Head of City Operations, you will be the owner of growing San Francisco business.
Basically, we are looking for an exceptional person to serve as the SF General Manager and help to make the magic happen. This person will have the responsibility to manage personnel, activities, and processes of our back-of-house business serving intentional eaters through 75+ pickup locations and home delivery in SF. The General Manager will have flexibility to make key decisions that impact growth and success in the region and also be responsible for the overall health stability of the city. Specific responsibilities include:
Ultimately owing the product market fit in your city and using product, promotion and distribution mix as your levers to build meaningful experiences for a growing customer base.
- Oversee order production, fulfillment, and delivery with intense focus on customer delight, quality control and food safety, including ownership and execution of our refrigeration/cold chain management approach.
- Analyze and strategically grow the business.
- Ability to prioritize sales and marketing initiatives to grow the business aligned with local and national goals
- Lead the charge on delivering an exceptional customer service experience
- On-board and manage key partners and contractors including chefs, delivery crews, and many others
- Oversee operational & administrative processes, including menu planning, QA/QC, meal review, etc., with constant focus on improvement and optimization opportunities
- Support, manage and develop the local team including a culinary, sales and marketing managers to drive expansion within the region.
- Lead order processing review and reporting, and profit & loss oversight
We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
The General Manager is a like-minded soul, who thinks all these ingredients are as tasty as we do, and is ready to jump into the fray to guide the SF city team, and lead us to drive toward top-line performance goals.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart and are fueled by the excitement of driving endless possibilities of growth and expansion.
- While operational efficiency and effectiveness fuel your engine, you are just as pumped about learning and adjusting course to continuously put smiles on customers’ faces.
- You deliver on your promises and get the job done using your creativity and know-how.
- You view honesty and integrity as a part of who you are and how you live your life.
- You’re comfortable turning on a dime and embracing rapid change.
- You’re a team player and love leading and developing a team.
- Helping people gives you a buzz that, while legal, is good enough to be considered unlawful in some jurisdictions.
- You’re passionate about nutrition, fitness, and the magic that happens when they get together.
Your Mindset & Experience
At the root of it, you’re a smart, thoughtful strategic leader looking for levers of success for the business. You want to be part of a high-growth enterprise that’s trying to make a significant difference in the world where you can play a key role. You bring passion to your work, and want to create a positive, engaging and rewarding environment for your team and organization.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years professional management experience, preferably scaling a business. Operations, logistics, supply chain, food service, consumer goods experience are all pluses.
- Past experience handling budgets and analyzing performance metrics.
- Awesome communication skills and a natural bent to openness, transparency, and saying it straight.
- Creative solutions whiz, analytical thinker, strategic.
- Amazing people and performance management skills, internally and w/ external partners.
- Willingness to spend time in the field and work odd hours to get the job done if need be.
- Strong computer fluency.
- Education: Bachelor’s required; Logistics or Operations focus and MBA or equivalent a positive.
- Excitement for an innovative, test based environment where it’s OK to fail
- Ability to use data to drive decisions
- Passion for wellness and the health and wellness community
Some nitty gritty that matters:
- Evening & weekend work is common, but you have a very flexible schedule.
- We’re much more results-oriented than we are time-oriented.
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free chow in exchange for detailed feedback).
- We have a fun, amazing group of employees, and a casual workplace.
- We are a distributed remote team working across all timezones in the USA, so we work flexible hours and live on Slack
- We're all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision insurance and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
- We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you're naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.
How to get rolling
Apply here with your resume and some thoughts about what grabbed you about this operations goodness.