We're looking for someone with a passion for programming and writing performant code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software. We are working on some interesting problems and need minds to help scale up our team and software.
Our software is about delivering meals to our growing customer base in the most frictionless way possible. As a Front-end Engineer, you will be responsible for writing and refactoring code that ensures our core e-commerce functions such as order fulfillment, payment processing, user management, etc. are of the highest reliability and scalability standards.
You'll also help in other aspects of growing a new company: designing features, making good product decisions, and building a culture of excellence. While we work independently, we support each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, and pair programming.
We're seeking engineers who are ready to attack deep technical challenges as well as have an impactful role in product and company development.
Who We Are
We're a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer e-commerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling, and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We're operating in six markets (DC, Philly, NYC, DFW, SoCal, SF Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development, and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
We're also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast-growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve, the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Build highly performant, beautiful interfaces and features using React, HTML, and CSS
- Collaborate with backend engineers to create and maintain clean, reusable, and secure code
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers and designers to create and execute on technical requirements
- Deliver on your promises and get the job done using your creativity and know-how
- 5+ years of professional experience developing UI for web applications
- Solid understanding of Coding Standards, OOP/OOD, design patterns
- Thorough HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- Experience writing unit & functional tests using frameworks such as Mocha, Jest/Enzyme
- Experience developing and optimizing a large production web application
- Experience with REST API interactions
- Extensive knowledge of Web technologies like HTTP protocol, CDNs, and server-side cache techniques
- Experience with Git, automation tools and command-line style of work
- Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to work between teams and functions with high autonomy and little guidance.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and familiarity with data fetching architectures like GraphQL
- Experience with Redux/Thunk
- Experience with Styled Components or Emotion
- Good knowledge of relational databases, especially Postgresql
- Entrepreneurial / prior Start-Up experience
- We're much more results-oriented than we are time-oriented
- Every team member gets free chow in exchange for detailed feedback on our meals (if you live in one of our pickup or delivery areas)
- We have a fun, amazing group of employees, and a casual workplace
- We are a distributed remote team working across all timezones in the US, so we work flexible hours and live on Slack
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits, including health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k. Benefits also include food, phone and fitness reimbursement
- We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you're naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world
To throw your hat into the ring, please email email@example.com with your resume + portfolio. Unfortunately, we can only accept US applicants at this time.