Territory Foods, Inc. is looking for a visionary strategic finance professional to play a key role on our executive team. You will work alongside our CEO to develop a long-term plan to maximize enterprise value of the company. This will include critical analysis and implementation of initiatives across the entire business from capitalization to margin improvement to customer economics to product strategy and M&A.
We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
Similar to other leading ecommerce companies, we’ve had to rethink the supply chain and distribution to get the highest-quality products to our customers at a reasonable price point.
• Develop Territory’s short- and long-term capital strategy, including positioning in the capital markets
• Oversee our M&A process including strategic fit, business assessment, due diligence, valuation, contract negotiation, integration and post-closing issue resolution
Board & Investor Relations
• Be a key partner in all fundraising activities, from developing materials to participating in potential investor meetings
• Lead investor relations, including updating current investors and nurturing future ones
• Manage regular Board of Directors interactions and prepare quarterly board reports
• Collaborate with head of growth to plan our customer acquisition strategies and economics
• Collaborate with our product team to find areas to both better serve our customers and improve our operating economics
• Collaborate with our fulfillment teams to identify efficiency improvements
• Find creative solutions to business challenges as they arise
Your Mindset & Experience
At the root of it, you’re a smart, thoughtful strategic leader looking for levers of success for the business. You want to be part of a high-growth enterprise that’s trying to make a significant difference in the world where you can play a key role.
Education and Experience:
• MBA desirable
• 5+ years of relevant experience including consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital is highly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience in high-growth online business, ideally ecommerce
• Strong leadership skills with particular strengths in the areas of financial modeling, assessing business risk and displaying the ingenuity and perseverance to successfully navigate thorny challenges
• Experience with identifying and reporting financial KPIs for multiple audiences internally and externally
• Have hands-on experience with a multi-entity organization
Ideally, this is a full time role based near our headquarters just outside of Washington, DC. However, we’re optimized for remote work, and for the right candidate, either part time and/or remote is possible. In the latter situation, we’d want to arrange for a period of in-person onboarding as well as schedule regular in-person working sessions.
We're a mission-driven bunch - motivated to both make great eating crazy simple, delicious and life-changing, as well as the whole stew of related goodness: food, fitness, people, passion, relationships, change, health, daring, and mirth.
We try to reflect that mission in how we work:
• We have active fun consistent with the work that we do including occasional "recess" activities: stand up paddleboarding, waterfall climbing, sand volleyball, bike rides, sailing and tree-top ropes courses.
• Our main office is a converted house in Alexandria's Del Ray neighborhood; at the same time we're a distributed remote team by nature with team members all over the world. We live on Slack.
• We're all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision insurance and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
• We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you're naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.
To throw your hat into the ring, please email jobs at territoryfoods.com with your resume + a description of a project for which you were responsible that you're particularly proud of.