Exceptional customer experience sits right at the heart of well-being advancement quest. We’re looking for a talented soul who connects with this mission and wants to personally help our customers and our team pursue it with passion and good outcomes.
Put another way, we’re not in the food business so much as we’re in the Good Choices business. And we need a dynamo customer experience and support leader to help us power more of those good choices!
We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
• Oversee all aspects of our Customer Service policies, objectives, and initiatives
• View and analyze metrics to help strategize and support company objectives
• Develop service level standards focused on response time and overall customer satisfaction
• Manage an external team of CS agents and project managers, as they tackle inbound support through email, live chat, phone, and text message channels
• Find opportunities to evolve and improve our processes to provide better fit-my-life and jobs-to-be-done experiences for our customers and partner locations
• Carry the mantle of CS amongst and across our various teams, to ensure a stellar customer experience is top of mind through all company initiatives and objectives
• Consistently drive toward more ways to personalize our interactions w/ various segments of our customer base, including creating customer service related content such as help site articles and response macros
• Handle customer escalations as needed, living beyond the “if-this, then-that” structure to personally and situationally drive great levels of loyalty and retention
Your Mindset & Experience
At the root of it, you’re a smart, thoughtful strategic leader looking for levers of success for the business. You want to be part of a high-growth enterprise that’s trying to make a significant difference in the world where you can play a key role.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of relevant experience strategically building and/or optimizing a customer experience team at a sr. management or director level.
• Experience in high-growth, customer-focused business. Ideally ecommerce, food & beverage or local market-by-market.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong leadership skills with particular strengths in the areas of creating a world class customer experience, navigating through a remote team and displaying the ingenuity and perseverance to successfully navigate thorny challenges.
• Experience with identifying and reporting customer service metrics across multiple audiences internally.
This is a full time role based near our headquarters in Alexandria, VA. However, we’re optimized for remote work, and for the right candidate, remotely based is possible. In the latter situation, we’d want to arrange for a period of in-person onboarding as well as schedule regular in-person working sessions. Travel is light, but expect a few trips per year to our operating locations and headquarters.
We're a mission-driven bunch - motivated to both make great eating crazy simple, delicious and life-changing, as well as the whole stew of related goodness: food, fitness, people, passion, relationships, change, health, daring, and mirth.
We try to reflect that mission in how we work:
• We have active fun consistent with the work that we do, including occasional "recess" activities. For example, stand up paddleboarding, waterfall climbing, sand volleyball, bike rides, sailing and tree-top ropes courses.
• Our main office is a converted house in Alexandria's Del Ray neighborhood; at the same time we're a distributed remote team by nature with team members all over the world. We live on Slack and Meet.
• We're all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
• We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you're naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.
To throw your hat into the ring, please email jobs at territoryfoods.com with your resume + a description of a project for which you were responsible that you're particularly proud of.