We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer e-commerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in six markets (DC, NY, Philly, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
About The Role:
Territory is hiring a LA Culinary Manager to serve as the cities menu and meal architect and chef relationship cultivator. Reporting directly to the Manager of Culinary Ops, you will be the owner of the local culinary operations. Teaming up with local chefs, and guided by customer feedback and metrics, you’ll be tasked with bringing delicious meals (and other products) that meet our anti-inflammatory criteria and ensuring our menu addresses our customers' needs.
Responsibilities include chef recruiting, chef onboarding, menu curation, and meal documentation, providing support when needed with ingredient sourcing, qa/qc, food safety, nutritional research & analysis and new product research and development. You’ll also be expected to assist in local testing of products and processes designed by senior culinary team members.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Recruiting, onboarding and management of chefs.
- Assisting in the design, documentation, and implementation of new recipes and menus that support local demand.
- Work collaboratively with local chefs and the Manager of Culinary Ops to continuously improve current meal and menu offering.
- Work collaboratively with local OPS Managers and national QAQC Manager to assist, when needed, in operational and administrative processes around quality assurance/quality control and ensured ingredient sourcing and compliance, food safety and regulatory compliancy.
- Serve as our local chef personnel motivator and point of contact. Sharing values and managing chef personalities. Making yourself available for chefs when needed.
- Provide support for our nutrition analyst when needed.
- Provide support for local customer service team when needed.
- Work collaboratively with Manager of Culinary Ops, and Culinary Innovation Team to test and implement new products and processes to improve our culinary system.
- You’re passionate about nutrition, food, fitness, and the magic that happens when they get together.
- You recognize there’s no one “book” for eating well and everyone’s different so it’s important to balance broader nutritious guidelines with individual needs.
- You're up with the latest nutrition trends and culinary trends.
- Operational efficiency and detail attentiveness is at your core, but you also love learning and deal well with course adjustments.
- You strive for and understand that success means continuously putting smiles on customers’ faces.
- You deliver on your promises in a timely manner and communicate through every step of the way.
- You view honesty and integrity as a part of who you are and how you live your life.
- You’re comfortable turning on a dime and embracing rapid change.
- You can navigate a spectrum of chef personalities.
The Must Haves (Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications):
- A passion for nutritious eating, with a philosophical lean towards, anti-inflammatory eating and food tribes, like Paleo, Keto, Whole30 and Vegan.
- Proven recipe design knowledge, nutritional program design experience and/or recipe nutrition management experience.
- Ability to identify and solve potential areas of nutritional and menu misalignment.
- Highly organized, and makes strong use of technology to model and track every project and detail.
- Mission-driven and very personable with strong written and amazing communication skills
- Seeks to collaborate with stakeholders and teammates.
- Ongoing focus on proactively defining- target setting, communicating priorities, roadblocks, and results.
- Continually assesses optimal conditions for success and makes adjustments to environment, schedule, and priorities as needed.
- Flexible schedule, with ability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends when needed.
- Certifications in nutrition, Registered Dietician or degree a plus.
- Prior experience with Axxya: Nutritionist Pro program a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience.
- Education, college degree.
- Expert with Google drive, Google programs, Google suite, Windows OS, Asana
Some Nitty-Gritty That Matters:
- You’ll have a very flexible schedule, but your ability to manage your time properly will be critical to success. And you will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- You’ll almost never be in an office. Working from home is a skill you’ll need to develop. And you will be expected to visit our local chefs regularly.
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free chow in exchange for detailed feedback)
- Our company is growing and evolving, you’re role, professional skills and development will as well.
- We’re a food and fitness oriented outfit, so all our folks get free meals as well as company sponsored membership to wherever you get your move on (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.)
How To Apply:
Email your resume and some thoughts about what grabbed you about this engagement goodness to firstname.lastname@example.org