We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, blending direct to home delivery with partnership with leading fitness outlets for local pickup locations (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area) and expanding. In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
We are hiring an analytical, hands on Email & Retention Manager to own the strategic roadmap and execution of our CRM program. Joining a team that partners with product, marketing, and data science you will be responsible for a critical marketing channel in driving new customer conversions and customer retention. If you have a knack for driving strategy through data, the creative sensibilities to turn that into engaging campaigns, and the ability for work cross-functionality, then this role is for you.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for communicating with customers and increasing lifetime value. You are highly analytical and make data driven decisions to deliver experiences that engage and delight customers. We are working to scale a robust CRM program and need an expert who is excited to build new programs from the ground up.
You will execute best in class email marketing, customer referral, and loyalty-building programs. This will include defining testing plans, measuring the results and making data-driven decisions about future retention strategies and tactics.
- Develop strategies and drive implementation for a personalized customer lifecycle program using segmentation and data science to meet retention rate, conversion rate, and revenue goals
- Own the email channel; define and execute the long-term strategy focused on growing customer engagement via triggered, personalized and targeted one-time messages by customer segments. Optimize day to day email execution while owning email KPIs; drive improvements via multivariate testing roadmap and nuanced strategies by customer segment.
- Drive subscriber base growth through site experiences and programs that convert leads to customers
- Develop and optimize promotional strategy to maximize conversion and profitability; create discount codes and manage implementation in partnership with tech
- Scale promotional strategy into a Loyalty/Rewards Program, focusing on personalization, engagement and retention
- Leverage the full customer database to grow subscriber base through refer-a-friend, winback and other programs, in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Build strategy and manage launches of new communication methods, including SMS, push notifications and direct mail, to ensure a seamless customer experience and continued KPI improvement
- Provide input to physical product roadmap; leverage new product launches and business lines as hooks for retention and winback campaigns
- Deliver basic design adaptation to translate assets into channel-specific formats and leverage templates to generate or adapt copy for subject lines, channel content, notifications, etc.
- Partner with marketing and content teams to maintain consistent and holistic customer experience
- Partner with data science and tech teams to build and implement personalized communications roadmap using strategic behavioral data
- 3-5 years of Email Marketing and Retention experience in a direct-to-consumer environment, with at least two years focused on base growth; experience with subscription services a plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering data-driven strategies to scale customer communication platforms and improve customer retention rates
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business Analytics or Marketing degree preferred
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch
- Experience building communications programs through CRM or marketing automation systems is a must
- Extremely comfortable working in Excel and Tableau to manipulate data and build reports
- Experience with email platforms such as Klaviyo, Ometria or Listrak preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work between teams and functions with high autonomy and little guidance.
To throw your hat into the ring, please email email@example.com with your resume + a cover letter.