We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
About the Role
Exceptional customer experience sits right at the heart of our core business proposition. We’re looking for a talented customer experience manager who connects with our mission to provide exceptional customer experience. This person wants to be hands-on with both our customers and our team to improve customer experience and mitigate customer service issues.
You will manage the post-delivery customer touches for a region of our business, interfacing with customers everyday and feeding back core issues, solutions and ideas to our operational teams in the cities. You are a positive, proactive, solutions-minded thinker who is always looking to create something better.
- Oversee management of our Customer Service policies, objectives, and core improvement initiatives for your geographic region (composed of multiple cities)
- Provide leadership support to an external team of CS agents and project managers, as they tackle inbound support through email, live chat, phone, social and text message channels
- Develop service level standards focused on response time and overall customer satisfaction
- View and analyze metrics to help strategize and support company objectives
- Find opportunities to evolve and improve our processes to provide better experiences for our customers and partner locations
- Be an advocate for our customer to ensure a stellar customer experience is top of mind through all company initiatives and objectives
- Drive innovation in marketing and communications to personalize our interactions with customers
- Handle customer escalations as needed, living beyond the “if-this, then-that” structure to personally and situationally drive great levels of loyalty and retention
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience strategically building and/or optimizing a customer experience team at a management or sr. management level
- Experience in eCommerce customer experience management in any industry (bonus if in the food, health or wellness spaces)
- Experience leading an outsourced team and measuring performance
- Strong communication skills that allow you to communicate clearly and concisely, and to adjust messaging based on audience (customers, team members, executives)
- Experience in high-growth, customer-focused business. Ideally ecommerce, food & beverage business with local operations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills with particular strengths in the areas of creating a world class customer experience
- Basic understanding of physical operations and supply chain in the food production and delivery industry
- Basic understanding of eCommerce purchasing workflow
- Ability to manage work and teams in a remote environment
- Desire to manage the ups-and-downs of a high growth organization with a positive, mission-focused attitude in the face of steep challenges
- Experience with identifying and reporting customer service metrics across multiple audiences internally.
This is a full time role based remotely. As a remote resource, you would do a short in-person immersion onboarding to understand our operations and meet the teams. After your on-boarding, you would be 100% responsible for managing your own time and planning so that you are achieving the goals of your position and supporting the strategic goals of the company. Travel requirement is light, so expect 1-2 trips per year to our operating locations and/or headquarters.
- We are mission driven - motivated to both make great eating crazy simple, delicious and life-changing.
- We our mission in how we work:
- We have active fun consistent with the work that we do
- Though we have our city offices, we're a distributed remote team by nature with team members all over the world. We live on Slack and Meet.
- We're all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
To apply or inquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume + a description of a project for which you were responsible that you're particularly proud of.