We are Territory Foods and we are looking for a Finance Director to join our growing company. Your responsibilities will include financial planning and analysis, monthly closings, budgeting, long term strategic business planning, and compliance requests. If it has a dollar sign attached to it, it flows through you. While this is a highly visible role, don’t think you’ll be wearing a suit and tie all day. We have a remote operating model with staff across the country (we do operate in 6 markets, after all). You’ll have a Sr Accountant who will report to you and you’ll report to the COO. If you have an exceptional work ethic, thrive on solving tough finance problems, and love nutritious (and more importantly- tasty) food then we want to talk to you!
_Who We Are _
- We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
- We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
- We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in six markets (DC, NY, Philadelphia, DFW, SoCal, and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
- At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
- We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
Everything financial will flow through you -- from the budget to the monthly closing package, from compensation to inventory. If it has dollars and cents attached to it, you are the maestro.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead, prepare and coordinate the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long-range strategic planning processes partnering with all functional areas across the business to ensure alignment of business and financial goals
- Work cross-functionally to provide quantitative-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets and improve profitability, operating efficiency, and effectiveness
- Deliver monthly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to business' plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted
- Provide the management team with support for Board presentations, business development and fundraising opportunities
- Identify and implement systems, processes, policies and controls to ensure scalable and secure financial operations
- Partner with the senior accountant to firm to ensure that monthly financial statements are prepared timely and accurately
- Support audit, tax filing and other compliance requests
You have the following background and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA would be a plus
- 7-10 years' experience of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience
- Prior experience working in a growing startup environment strongly preferred
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills; must be able to define and execute key analyses with minimal supervision
Additionally you must have/be:
- Exceptional communicator with ability to present concepts, recommendations and analyses to senior management in a clear, concise and actionable manner
- Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage numerous projects with competing timelines
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Inquisitive, eagerness to learn, and willingness to get into the details.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
What Else You Should Know
- Our company is growing and evolving, you’re role, professional skills and development will as well.
- You’ll almost never be in an office.
- Your ability to manage your time properly will be critical to success. And you will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- We’re a food and fitness oriented team, so we provide food in our operating markets, and company sponsored membership to your fitness provider of choice (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.) in all markets.
To throw your hat into the ring, please apply here.