We are Territory Foods and we are looking for a passionate, flexible Creative Director to lead our stellar creative team and craft our brand. You will not only manage a small team, but also help grow the department to be all that we need it to be to keep pace with our customers’ needs.
You will live in the Richmond or DC Metro area and meet regularly with your team in those markets. You are responsible for overseeing and creating (yup- you will be very hands on) engaging content for new and existing customers. You’ll work and interact with every department in the company, so superb communication skills are a must. Lastly, you need to be able to dive into projects head on- even if all the details aren’t in place yet. Excited yet? We are.
Who We Are
We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in six markets (DC, Philly, NYC, DFW, SoCal, SF Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
You will, on a daily basis:
- Lead and direct our internal creative team which includes a graphic designer and a content manager who plays the role of producer.
- Shepherd creative projects from conceptualization to execution.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies, concepts, plan integrated campaigns, write scripts, create storyboards.
- Act as the voice of the company. You will be our lead copywriter turning consumer insights to creative expression through copy in emails, ads, websites, blogs, and all other brand collateral.
- Collaborate with external agency partners and freelancer networks.
As Creative Director, we are counting on you to be an experienced writer/creative director with a background in content and 1:1 marketing. You probably have a BA/BS, Journalism, Marketing, Fine Arts/Writing, or Communications. Experientially, we’d like you to:
- Have served as a creative director or in a similar creative leadership role and have managed a creative team.
- Hands-on experience in the creative process, marketing, copywriting, design, and brand development including at least 3 years of experience as a copywriter. Design experience is a plus, especially with video creation and editing.
- Have worked in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally in an agency environment making miracles happen with a small budget.
Because we are first and foremost a wellness company, we are looking for:
- A passion for health and wellness.
- An ability to deal effectively and professionally with a wide range of personalities.
- Extreme comfort with ambiguity and a track record of operating without a lot of details. Although we do have a brand manual that’s about all the creative scaffolding we have in place.
What Else You Should Know
- Our company is growing and evolving, your role, professional skills and development will as well.
- We are a distributed workplace, which means that you need to bring your A game to your communication.
- You will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free chow in exchange for detailed feedback)
- We’re a food and fitness oriented outfit, so all our folks get free meals as well as company sponsored membership to wherever you get your move on (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.)
To throw your hat into the ring, please apply Here