We are Territory Foods and we are looking for an exceptional foodie to serve as our Bay Area operations menu/meal architect and chef relationship cultivator. As Culinary Manager, you will report directly to the Regional GM and you will own all local culinary operations. Teaming up with the local SF chefs, you’ll be tasked with creating delicious meals that meet our anti-inflammatory criteria and ensuring our menu addresses our customers' needs.
Your day job will include chef recruiting, chef onboarding, menu curation, and meal documentation. You’ll also provide support with ingredient sourcing, quality assurance/control, food safety and nutritional research and analysis. And, as part of the local team, you’ll provide operations support wherever needed - everyone rows the Territory boat!
Who We Are
- We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
- We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
- We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in four markets (DC, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
- At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
- We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
This is a cool job with a lot of important day to day tasks. You’ll find yourself doing some piece of each one of these every day. Let’s unpack them for you. Your responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting, onboarding and management of chefs, nutrition support personnel, food safety personnel, and other food support related functions.
- Design, documentation, and implementation of new recipes and menus that support local demand.
- Work collaboratively to continuously improve current meal and menu offering.
- Worked collaboratively with OPS Managers and national QAQC Manager to execute operational and administrative processes around:Quality assurance/quality control and ensured ingredient sourcing and compliance, Food safety, Food performance metrics, Regulatory compliance
- Serve as our local chef personnel motivator and point of contact. Sharing metrics and values.
- Provide support for our nutrition analyst when needed.
- Special projects related to food management enhancement.
On the qualifications side of the ledger, you probably have Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, biology, food science or related area and you either have or are working on certificates in nutrition or environmental health. On top of that, you are experience in the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience.
- Background, coursework, training and passion for nutrition with a philosophical bent towards anti-inflammatory eating and foods in the Paleo, Keto, Whole30, and Vegan families.
- Proven recipe design knowledge, nutritional program design experience and/or recipe nutrition management experience.
- Ability to identify and solve potential areas of nutritional and menu misalignment.
- Expert in Google applications (Drive, Suite), Windows Office 365, and Asana.
At the root of it, you’re a smart, thoughtful strategic planner looking for levers of success for the business. You want to be part of a high-growth enterprise that’s trying to make a significant difference in the world where you can play a key role. You bring passion to your work, and want to create a positive, engaging and rewarding environment for the team and organization. If this resonates and you possess the following, we’d say you’re a match:
- Demonstrated commitment to good-for-you eating.
- Flexible schedule including a willingness to work mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Mission driven, personable with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly organized and make strong use of technology to model and track every project and detail.
- Strong collaborator with team mates and stakeholders.
- Ongoing focus on proactively defining/setting targets, communicating priorities, roadblocks, and results.
- Continually assesses optimal conditions for success and makes adjustments to environment, schedule, and priorities as needed.
What Else You Should Know
- Our company is growing and evolving, you’re role, professional skills and development will as well.
- You’ll almost never be in an office. Working from home is a skill you’ll need to develop. And you will be expected to visit our local chefs regularly.
- You’ll have a very flexible schedule, but your ability to manage your time properly will be critical to success. And you will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free chow in exchange for detailed feedback)
- We’re a food and fitness oriented outfit, so all our folks get free meals as well as company sponsored membership to wherever you get your move on (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.)
We’re awarding bonus points if you are a registered dietitian, have a culinary degree or have prior experience with the Axxya: Nutritionist Pro program.
How to get rolling
To throw your hat into the ring, please here.