We are Territory Foods and we are looking for a Head of People to grow, shape, and develop our people strategies and programs including: cultural initiatives, career pathing, performance management, talent acquisition and onboarding, compensation and benefits, retention, headcount planning and analytics, organizational design, policies and compliance, employee engagement and trainings. This is not your typical HR role. We need a leader who can work directly with executive leadership to strategize and implement people processes that will serve our company for years to come. This is a remote role, so your organizational and communication skills will be imperative to your success. Are you ready to join a growing company focused on nutrition, wellness, and teamwork? Keep reading.
Who We Are
- We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
- We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
- We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in six markets (DC, NY, Philadelphia, DFW, SoCal, and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health and wellness goals.
- At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas. We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
You will be the initial point of contact for employees, championing for our company's culture and ensuring an on-brand experience from the moment employees start their journey at Territory. The right person is a nimble and adaptive leader that knows how to balance strategic focus with a “roll up your sleeves” mindset. You will develop our people strategies and programs including: cultural initiatives, career pathing, performance management, talent acquisition and onboarding, compensation and benefits, retention, headcount planning and analytics, organizational design, policies and compliance, employee engagement and trainings.
You will support and advise Territory’s executive team and team leads around growing, shaping and developing a high performing team and organization. This role will report to the CEO.
You will be responsible for:
Culture and Talent Management
- Partner with executives and managers to develop a culture of learning and continuous feedback by creating programs, tools, and experiences that engage our team to inspire a positive, diverse, adaptive, and accountable culture
- Advise and support Territory’s leaders on workforce planning, organizational design, performance management, training and development initiatives
- Design and roll out performance management plan and execute in support of a culture that values accountability and high performance.
- Execute company-wide initiatives such as IRL All Hands.
- Lead the efforts and create the system for an open line of communication between employees and team members Evaluate how competitors and industry are building strong cultures. Analyze remote organizations and industry trends to identify best practices and apply them in our remote work environment
Programs, Systems and Process
- Evaluate and implement scalable HR and Recruiting systems and processes to support a growing team
- Oversee learning and organizational development, including personal growth plans for all members of the team.
- Establish and own relationships with third party recruiting software and various vendors Lead new hire onboarding and offboarding processes that ensure an on-brand experience
Compliance, Benefits and Compensation
- Analyze, administer and modify compensation and benefits systems and program to be market competitive, align with our company values and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Ensure compliant employee classifications, record-keeping and milestones (ie: work anniversaries, birthdays, etc.)
- Leverage data to aid in strategic people related decisions, developing key metrics to measure employee engagement, performance and retention
- Qualifications You must have a Bachelor's Degree with 7-10 years of relevant work experience, preferably with 2 years in a remote environment as well as experience in change management.
_Additionally you Must Have/Be: _
- Strong emotional intelligence, judgment, and ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; strong facilitation skills, including the ability to create and guide learning and supportive spaces
- Demonstrated cultural competency and commitment to building a diverse workforce
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across lines of difference Strong knowledge of human resources management and employment law, including but not limited to EEO provisions; demonstrated judgment in managing organizational risk
What Else You Should Know
- Our company is growing and evolving, you’re role, professional skills and development will as well.
- You’ll almost never be in an office.
- Your ability to manage your time properly will be critical to success. And you will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables. We’re a food and fitness oriented team, so we provide food in our operating markets, and company sponsored membership to your fitness provider of choice (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.) in all markets.
To throw your hat into the ring, please apply here.