Territory Foods is focused on the next generation of wellness -- personalized nutrition. We cater to different “food tribes”, aka different diets (vegan, paleo, vegetarian, whole30, gluten free, and keto). We are a direct-to-consumer e-commerce shop. Our customers order their meals online and then pick them up at local CrossFit and yoga studios as well as boutique gyms. We operate in markets all across the country -- NYC, Philly, DC/Baltimore, Richmond, DFW, LA, and San Francisco. Because our markets are so spread out, we are a mostly remote team.
To grow our brand, we have recognized the power of trainers and nutritionists who function as brand ambassadors. We are developing a platform to incentivize and train these professionals to drive customers to Territory Foods. The Ambassador Program Manager will help us build this new channel and grow it into a meaningful revenue driver for the overall Territory business. The main goals of the position include driving ambassadors into the program and successful onboarding/training of ambassadors to turn them into successful Territory brand evangelists. Most of your day will be spent on calls with ambassadors training them to sell more products and acquire more customers. A successful candidate will be metrics driven -- love keeping score with numbers and is energetic as well as passionate about health and wellness.
Who We Are
- We’re a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
- We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, partnering with leading Fitness Tribes as local pickup spots (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
- We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We’re operating in six markets (DC, NY, Philadelphia, DFW, SoCal, and the Bay Area). In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
- At Territory, we believe that our people and culture are our biggest assets. Because of our passion for wellness, community development and entrepreneurship, we want to have the best team members who not only believe in this mission, but live it too. Our remote operating model allows us to have a strong team of cutting-edge thinkers around the USA who provide diverse and innovative ideas.
- We’re also entrepreneurial, strategic thinkers who are rooted in operations. All of our operational fervor serves as the foundation for scale. We are a fast growing enterprise with the deeply held belief that the more people we serve the more lives we change. The magic happens where operational excellence meets our growth mindset, and our teams try and live in the intersection.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute onboarding strategy with potential Ambassadors; this includes selling Territory and Ambassador program value proposition and training Ambassadors to successfully sell Territory food
- Build and manage Ambassador lifecycle to encourage and incentivize Ambassadors to recommend Territory to new customers and reactivate lapsed Ambassadors
- Manage weekly KPIs and metrics associated with program and report progress to Territory senior leadership, including willingness to do dozens of calls/meetings weekly with Ambassadors
- Develop and optimize Ambassador program incentive strategy including administering the Ambassador program
- Develop the Ambassador marketing strategy to drive new ambassadors into the program; this includes working with our Partnership Manager to build out and manage a variety of different traction channels (e.g., social media, email lead generation)
- Work with Partnership Manager to identify and build partnerships with organizations in the health and wellness industry to tap into existing networks of potential ambassadors
_Who You Are _
You must have a Bachelor's Degree with the following:
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in inside/outside sales, account management, business development
- Experience in or passion for the health and wellness industry
- Experience building or being a part of an ambassador program is preferred
_Additionally you must have/be: _
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Great at making new friends and getting along with strangers
- Extroverted - talking to others needs to energize, not drain you
- You are organized and able to keep track of the administrative details of a program
- Enjoy constant/daily interaction with Ambassadors
- Metrics-minded - like keeping score using numbers
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to build, manage, and grow a new program into a meaningful revenue driver for Territory
- Knows how to overcome sales objections and coach others to be successful salespeople
- Loves building relationships and the idea of spending 20-30 hours / week speaking one-on-one to help Ambassadors grow their Territory business excites you
- Is exciting and inspiring to people, you have boundless energy and enthusiasm
- Gets excited about executing and managing both marketing and sales activities
- Is willing to experiment and fail frequently in order to find out what works
Some Nitty-Gritty That Matters:
- You’ll have a very flexible schedule, but your ability to manage your time properly will be critical to success. And you will be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free chow in exchange for detailed feedback)
- Our company is growing and evolving, your role, professional skills and development will as well.
- We’re a food and fitness oriented outfit, so all our folks get free meals as well as company sponsored membership to wherever you get your move on (CrossFit, yoga, multi-program, etc.)
- You understand that the startup world has its perks and difficulties. Work remotely, flexible hours, awesome culture… all great things. But, you have to be flexible, open and willing to change on a dime in the startup world. Sometimes, that makes people feel uncomfortable.
What Now? To throw your hat into the ring, please apply here.