If you strive for your Memorial Day side dishes to be as patriotic as they are delicious, this one’s for you. It’s our take on this delightful fruit salsa.
The blueberry, strawberry, coconut combo not only delivers on the thematic color scheme, but the flavor and texture combo is light, crisp, and refreshing. It’s the perfect way to kick off the unofficial start to summer!
Because strawberries and blueberries are two of the lowest carb fruits (and full of micronutrients that make our brains super happy) this salsa offers subtle sweetness without the high carb count. It’s quick to whip up, and even more quickly devoured – enjoy!
Prep time: 10 min, serves 4 – 6
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced coconut meat (or jicama for a crunchier texture)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper stemmed and seeded
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, coconut, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- Stir until well combined.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Eat the same day you make it, it’s best when it’s fresh.
For serving, my go-to pairing are Siete chips. I personally feel my best when I’m grain-free, so this (family-owned … love!) company who produces only grain-free foods has won over my heart (and belly) time and time again.
If you’re low carb-ing, pair with watermelon radish slices, or use it as a protein topping – it’s perfect with chicken or fish.
MACROS: PER SERVING ( CONTAINS ~ 6 )
- 74 kcal
- 9g carb ( 6g net carb )
- 3g fiber
- 4.5g fat
- 1g protein
- 5g sugar